Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Murphy's Law

I have been having major issues with some office equipment and it never fails that Murphy's Law will rear its ugly head at an inopportune moment.

I've had a heavy workload with a deadline that doesn't extend. This darned piece of equipment kept giving me headaches and putting me behind. Thankfully, a co-worker's on vacation so I've been using her equipment.

Frustrated and fed up I complained to my manager that this would not do and something needed to be done. He acknowledged that ideally we'd have a maintenance agreement to have it serviced, but it's not in the budget and unlikely to be added.

This morning he came to my office and completely disassembled it. I had a ball watching him and seeing the innards of how it all works. I found this very interesting and well, exciting.

One and one half hours later he had reassembled everything (no extra screws!) and voila! it works. It's working better than ever and it's like having a brand new machine. I have even more respect for my manager and his geeky tech skills. LOL

No comments: