Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Take Me Back Tuesday
Blogdrive was deader than spam yesterday. Many apologies...so Take Me Back Tuesday is a Wayback Wednesday today. And to carry on with the Top 5's theme....we're still CD shopping ...

Do you buy just released CDs in the store or preorder them online? I never pre-order anything because I know that Target, Circuit City, Wal*Mart and Fry's will compete for the lowest advertised price. I'm thrifty and I'd rather wait and pay less than be first to have something! LOL

Do you remember a particular CD that was extremely hard to find when it had been recently released? Okay this is going back to the early nineties when the Beatles catalog was released on CD. Audiophiles were going nuts for the then new compact disc format and I couldn't find The Beatles anywhere.

To what extent will you go to buy a CD that you just have to have? At this time, I won't. I just wait. Rare is the artist who does something different with each release. Most have become very formulaic, almost like Rocky 36.

Have you ever bought a CD on a whim, without knowing the artist, just because you found something pleasing about the album art or that you've only heard one track. Did you end up discovering a new artist, or did the CD find it's way into a Used CD store or the back of your closet? I have bought a new artist based on cover art and the result was bad. So bad, I never consider taking them to the bargain bin at my local Penny Lane or putting them on LaLa. Hmmm, this may be a holiday weekend project.

Have you ever purchased a download just because you couldn't find a song any other way? Not yet but I'm so getting there. I need to find a credit card with a minimum limit of oh, I dunno, $300 or less and then I'll use it for online music sales.

There's been buzz about the Russian site that sells entire albums for $.99 placing erroneous charges on folks' credit cards. I'm not surprised since there's a lot of organized crime, identity theft and hacking in that country.

This was an awesome Music Memoirs!

2 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Just a little FYI for the most part CD Universe is cheaper than all the stores around here even with shipping costs for new CDs.

Oh and do you actually have anything on LaLa?

I'm off to ship off 2 more discs today.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

PS

never had any billing probs with allofmp3.com In fact they are apt to give you bonus bucks too, so more music for the money.