Thursday, December 30, 2004

Home Early

Praise the Lord, we got off early today and no work tomorrow. Woo hoo! It was very bizarre. Several of us caught wind that an early departure was high probable. Many of us waited all morning for confirmation and the final "go ahead" before allowing ourselves to feel giddy.

Well, I got the call around 11:55 a.m. and was instructed to let everyone else know. I did as requested and found that most, continued lingering and socializing. It was as if, now that it had been confirmed, it ceased being an issue or concern. They were now content to hang out and joke, etc.

Not me, though. I hightailed it out of there and rushed home. In my hurry, I forgot that I wanted to drive up to Pasadena and check out all the folks lining Colorado Boulevard, in anticipation of Saturday's Rose Parade. I know they're there and I know they've chained chairs to parking meters in sorry hope of saving a prized spot.

Anyway, once I messed that up, I couldn't motivate myself to leave. Especially since we'll be out late tonight. B. has to help an associate with his invoices and he's in Orange County - about a good 30 miles from us. While it's no big deal, I would have much preferred to remain home.

I still can't believe tomorrow's New Year's Eve. This is it, folks. The end of another year. Where did it all go? Why do the years pass so quickly? Is just me or do you feel the same? Is it an age thing...once you're over thirty the time starts flying? It seems like just yesterday we were celebrating my mom's birthday (which is in March) and looking forward to spring's arrival.

Let's pray that the New Year brings an end to the war and much rebuilding and relief to those affected by the massive 9.0 earthquake and tsunami.

No comments: