Sunday, December 05, 2004

Free Annual Credit Report

Receive one free credit report www.annualcreditreport.com annually. Sponsosred by Equifax, Experian and Transunion, the three mega credit reporting agencies, we can double check the information these agencies report as facts. I know I make online and credit purchases in RL, there's always the possibiltiy of identity theft which is proliferating. Thankfully, it has not affected me or anyone I know, but if I can keep a pulse on it by checking my credit reports annually, why not do it?

I don't need to be wasting time, money and resources by trying to clean up a credit nightmare. Not to mention the gray hairs that will surely sprout from worry and exasperation! LOL And I'll surely want to kick myself, if I could've avoided it or caught it sooner by just checking my credit report for accuracy. Something like an incorrect address, could have those credit promos going to a wrong address and that person signing up under my name at their address!

The free credit report's started in the western states December 1, 2004. The midwest states begin March 2005 and southern states in June 2005. If this information helps just one blogger friend, I'll be happy and feel good about posting this. I know I can't afford to fall into the identity theft quagmire. I don't have much, but what I have, I'd like to keep. Especially when it comes to being considered "credit worthy".

No comments: