Tuesday, December 21, 2004

The Bicycle Mystery

Spouse maintains that this is an experiment conducted by the A. Police Department to see how safe our neighborhood is. I don't know what to think and am very concerned about what's become of the owner. After five weeks of remaining untouched, the cycle's seat was stolen sometime between 5:00 p.m. Monday and 6:30 a.m. today.

I'm rather sad, though, I didn't expect it to remain untouched forever. And, it's not like I believed our neighborhood had no crime, I know it does. We have a free monthly paper that shows the crime rate in four districts based on: burglary. robbery and grand theft auto. By far, the most crimes committed are grand theft and that's no surprise since the majority drive Toyotas and Hondas in my area.

Still, I had hoped to drive past and see the bike gone, along with its chain, and then I could feel relatively sure that the owner had returned to claim it. Now, I'll be inclined to believe it stolen in the darkness of night, it's owner unidentified. Damez! LOL

No comments: