Thursday, November 25, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

The day was spent with the family and again I was reminded of my many blessings. I am blessed to have my mother, spouse, sister and nephews with me. Many friends and co-workers have deceased parents/a parent and/or a spouse. I'm very fortunate to be surrounded by my loved ones; I really am and I realize it.

So on the drive home, I was looking around and noticing the pulse of life. I saw a Subway open and there were diners inside, eating as if it were just another day. Which made me a little sad that for those people, Thanksgiving Day wasn't a day to celebrate and be with friends and family. It occurred to me that may not have family, which brought me full circle to being thankful for my family.

It's all very bizarre, I know. I actually have thoughts sometimes! Ah, so we had a very filling and delicious dinner of turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes with gravy, homemade cranberry sauce, yams, green beans, rolls and pecan and sweet potato pies. Ugh, we were stuffed, but very content and comfortable.

My nephew's gf's son, who's five years old, is an adorable little boy. He brought his backpack, as all children do, filled with: a Nerf football, soccer goal net with ball, tractor truck, hat, and a Sponge Bob Squarepants book that also has five games. It was the coolest little book and we played four rounds of various Sponge Bob themed board games. I just loved the little game pieces of Squigword, Sponge Bob, Patrick and Sandy (you know, the squirrel).

As is my custom in game play, I did not win one game. B. won once and our little Sponge Bob won three times! LOL What's neat is the child learns reading, counting and thinking skills. He has to read and comprehend what's in the square he lands on and respond accordingly. I was sent back to the Start line twice in one game, so it's no surprise that I fared so poorly.

I hope everyone had as delicious and wonderful a holiday as I've had. If you're rising early to partake of the sales, I hope you score what you're looking for. I'm staying away from the madness and decorating the outside. It's time to put up the lights.

No comments: