Saturday, November 17, 2007

Christmas Music...

...began playing on local Southern California station KOST 103.5 FM on Friday. I'm sorry to say they're starting earlier each year. It used to be they'd wait until Black Friday to start with the 24/7 Christmas music.

I love Christmas music but prefer to listen after the Thanksgiving holiday. I know retailers are super excited about having an extra week of shopping, but if they keep this up, I'm one shopper that's going to revolt.

Whatever happened to giving us time to ease into the spirit? Of making shopping fun and exciting? Of making it a journey not a quick destination?

Maybe I'm getting old? Crabby? I just need a little more time, folks. Don't rush me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't stand Christmas music played over and over. Once a week per tune is quite enough!

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Maybe if the economy was good and the retailers weren't struggling to get us to buy stuff knowing that we probably won't be able to afford the gas to drive to the mall after the holiday to return what we don't like, they wouldn't be shoving Christmas sales down our throats now...

then again...maybe not.