Sunday, April 15, 2007

~ I should've known something was up when Boo was so agreeable and happy about the cable guy coming out again. We see more of the techs than the billing office. Boo finally fessed up that yes the rumor Punky mentioned two weeks past is true: Our cable company is being acquired by Time-Warner Cable.

I am very unhappy about this. We have been Charter Cable subscribers for years, in excess of 20 years easily. While the service hasn't always been stellar, it sure beats the nightmare stories I've heard about Time-Warner from friends. Why do we have to continue downsizing and acquiring?

~ We, yes Boo shocked me by wanting to watch the BBS DVD with me, are viewing disc two and omigod, the conversations Boo and I've had about the various phases of the BBS culture. We found ourselves reminiscing about the community that was in RL not simply virtually and how much more fun it was then.

It was nice to build RL relationships with people who not only shared similar interest but were passionate about it and willing to spend time together commiserating in RL. I know there are many of you who feel the internet and WWW is the best thing since sliced bread, but for those who were active in the BBS community that preceeded the internet, there's just no comparison.

~ BTW, has anyone news of the good Doctor?

No comments: