Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday the 13th

I'd forgotten today is the dreaded Friday the 13th, a day when some folks will not dare venture outside their homes. I used to laugh at superstitions like this and think them totally fabricated and ludicrous. I no longer feel this way since I've happened upon quite a few people who adamantly believe these absurdities to their core.

It goes with the whole "don't walk under ladders", "break a mirror and you'll have seven years bad luck", and "oh no, it's a black cat" B.S. I obviously could not take the time today to constantly be peering over my shoulder since I was taking care of business and had to be out of my house on the 13th of Friday.

I leave all of this hokiness and superstition to horror flicks which entertain me and to the few nuts in my circle who probably should stay home since it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy for them that something bad will happen on this day and date combination.

No comments: