Saturday, July 22, 2006

Microsoft's iPod Killer

Microsoft announced Friday its plan to introduce a new MP3 player with wireless connectivity. The wireless connectivity will be a coup, unless Apple introduces a revamped iPod, because then I can update my music library on the fly instead of waiting until I get home/office to connect it to a computer.

I am less enthused about the music downloads. I am not a big fan of renting music or "paying to play". The fact that Apple has a vast music library and allows me to own the songs I buy, will keep Apple way ahead of any newcomers.

Still, it would be wonderful for Microsoft to usurp Apple and give them a real run for the hard earned dollar. iTunes certainly has room for improvement and all things being equal, there is no incentive for them at this time to improve iTunes. iPod users are sitting ducks!

2 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Have you tried All of Mp3.com? The only downside paying in advance, but there's so much stuff there that it's worth it. And it's mp3s in the quality you want them not the file format that is dictated to you by them.

Anonymous said...

Shhhh, yes I have and you're right, it is FABULOUS! I've had a ball finding stuff I couldn't find anywhere else. Yea, baby! LOL Thanks again for the sizzling tip.