Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Compact Discs

I was sad to see the CD section at my local Best Buy dwindling. Each visit there's less selection and the allocated space keeps shrinking. The writing's on the wall and at this pace, I believe it's possible that 2007 will mark the demise of the compact disc in stores. I still haven't tried online sales, but I'm getting closer as most indie artists I'm interested in sell their music on .... you guessed it, iTunes.

If anything, it's the indie artist that will get me buying online. Of course, what I buy will be for obscure artists because I still prefer buying the entire compact disc with the packaging and liner notes, provided they're $10.99 or less. In my area, I can easily find these prices for mainstream artists at Circuit City and Fry's. They beat amazon.com every time.

I’ve received a coupon from Borders and may use it to buy another copy of GNR’s Live CD. Yes, another CD's been missing – this is probably the first one too since it's been missing over a year. I love the live version of Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door. It’s the best rendition yet and, since this CD sells for $15.99 and I’m unwilling to pay that much, I need a coupon or good sale.

Speaking of Borders, I am so jazzed that they serve Seattle’s Best coffee. My sis turned me onto them way back in 2000 and after one cup, I was hooked. They do great on regular java, but for flavored iced coffee drinks, nobody beats the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. Their vanilla ice blended is to die for!

2 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

For Indie bands CDBaby.com chica. I've ordered from them a few times, they're great.

Anonymous said...

You've mentioned them before and I DO need to check them out. Thanks for reminding me. You're recommendations are ALWAYS rock solid! ;-)