Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Ripping

So I've been ripping my CDs to MP3's (thank you Music Match) for transfer to my Creative Muvo and having a blast deciding which tracks to rip and making customized mixes on my SD cards. I've already decided that I need 512 meg and 1 gig SD cards for my birthday. Is anybody reading this???? LOL So far, I've made a disco mix, hey - I've never been shy or apologetic about my iinfinity for disco. It's a love affair that will not die!

I've also made my early rock mix with the Moody Blues, Led Zep, CCR, Stones, Steppenwolf, Aerosmith, Pink Floyd, the Kinks, Alice Cooperetc. and an 80s mix with the Eurythmics, Cyndi Lauper, The Talking Heads, Simply Red, Bruce Hornsby, Anita Baker, Stevie Wonder, Carly Simon, etc. So, I'm really enjoying myself and having fun tinkering with master mixes.

I know the next step is a hard drive model MP3 player, but I have a question for you lucky folks in possession of such models. How do you separate your music into genres? Or, I should probably ask, can you? I understand the idea of having most, if not all, of your music in a portable HD format, but how manageable is it? I like the idea of having easy and convenient access to different genres of music. On a hard drive model, is it possible to sort your music by folders and play only a selected folder or genre?

No comments: