Wednesday, January 12, 2005

U2

Listening to U2's new release How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb while at work and finding this CD remarkable. I think it's the first CD in years that heralds back to their early CDs. It's edgy, has wonderful lyrics and is back to their rock roots. I haven't found a cut that I don't like. It's a very welcome surprise and I hope folks will support the artist by buying the CD in whole. Otherwise, you'll end up paying more at $.99 for eleven songs.

I haven't gravitated to paying for downloads yet. I like the cover art, lyric inserts and anecdotal information. Yea, it may seem lame to you, but that's moi! I also desire the best quality possible. Whether it's AAC, MP3 at 128k or 384k bit, etc., the quality does not equal a professionally burned CD. I'd rather buy the disc and rip the tunes to my MP3 Player or create a compilation CD of various artists. How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb is solid and Circuit City's been selling it for $9.99!

No comments: