Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Books

So I resolved to read two books in 2005 since I successfully read two books in 2004, after and exceptionally long dry spell. Well, B. and I were talking this morning and it dawned on me that this Christmas was the year of books for me. I've received three books and have yet to start readng one!

I better get cracking on:

To Be Like Jesus by Ellen G. White
The Dirty Girls Social Club by Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez
E-Mail from God for Women by Claire Cloninger

It had been years since I had received books or magazine subscriptions as gifts. Perhaps, it's because I've made it point to share my disappointment in myself for not reading. It's like I went through a terrible long period where I couldn't concentrate or remember what I'd read. It's like having to re-read chapter one forever! Thankfully, that changed in 2004, though, how the gift givers knew, I'll never know. They don't read this blog and I haven't spoken about it.

No comments: