Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Yule Watch




"What's Yule Watch?" you're asking. I'm so glad you asked. In the L.A. area, radio station KOST 103.5 FM is simulcasting music to KCAL channel 9's image of a burning yule log on Christmas Day. This was done in years past and was such a huge hit and very popular, that many people complained during its thirteen year absence. Go figure. I sure don't remember any family members or friends being giddy about a yule log's image on TV!

Who knew something so...so...well, I'm speechless...ordinary? mundane? dumb? would give some folks so much joy! LOL Now it's airing from 6 a.m. - 9 a.m. PST Christmas Day (yea, a whole three hours of a burning log image on your television) and I know WGN (which I believe is a Chicago station) is also airing it. There's something not quite right about viewing a roaring fire on a TV.

Ahem, I digressed...if this floats your boat, be my guest and by all means partake of this uh, festive moment. Don't let anyone, least of all me, burst your log! You go right ahead and rise and shine and open your presents on Christmas Day to music blaring from your stereo in simulcast with the log on your television screen. However you explain this to the kids is fine with me! LOL

Dare I say, that it was spouse who returned home from work today and excitedly shared this news. Did I say news? I guess for spouse, it was newsworthy. I then had to listen to the evening news report and spouse eagerly inquired if I was going to blog it. "Of course", I responded. "Something this noteworthy doesn't come along often." ;-)

No comments: