Saturday, December 11, 2004

Scoring Good Buys

Well, my car's in the shop and we still don't know why. It died yesterday while on the freeway in traffic. It's a long story and I'm too tired to bore you - lucky you! Anyway, being down to one car at this time, isn't necessarily a good thing. Especially since I have a dental appointment on Monday and it's for the crown I've been waiting two weeks for. Fortunately, spouse is very considerate and willing to depart work early Monday to pick me up from work and deliver me to the dentist.

Off we went today to Frys, Circuit City and Target. We headed out relatively early, stopping for the requisite cup of java before entering a store. Fry's was surprisingly a breeze. Where are all the shoppers? I see the parking lot packed and people milling about, but I don't see packages in hand or lines at the register. Is everyone waiting for the last minute deals?

Spouse came away with a coo by spotting a seven port powered USB hub for $39.95 (instead of $49.95 - someone didn't change the price) with a $12 mail-in rebate. After speaking with management, they honored the $39.95 price, effectively saving us $22 when all is mailed and done! LOL

We then bought an expensive videogame and received a fantastic savings on it, also. We found everything we were looking for and were in and out in under an hour. Oooh, and we even found associates to assist us in our search - that's almost unheard of at Fry's!

We fared just as well at Circuit City. We arrived just before closing and had them price match another videogame and beat the price by 10% of the difference! How awesome is that? Again, no lines, parking was a breeze and they had the items we sought. Finding what's advertise at this time is usually a hair pulling experience.

So all in all, it was a grand day for shopping. I am so beat and I can't figure out why. It's not like we had to elbow our way through throngs of shoppers or wrestle a parking space. If this is all it takes to wipe me out, I better stick to home shopping on HSN or QVC and leave the RL experience to the pros! LOL

One final note: It was a very balmy and fabulous 80 degree day and we even had to run the A/C. Woo hoo!

No comments: