Monday, November 22, 2004

Spouse-related Thankful
I'm thankful for...

- a loving, considerate, caring and attentive spouse. B's my best friend, confidante, and love of my life! When we're not together, I feel lost. Not because I can't make decisions by myself, but because I truly feel separated from my better half. It's no fun doing things alone or even in a crowd, separated from each other.

- my soulmate. God blessed me with someone who knows me - good/bad, happy/sad, positive/negative, brave/scared and still loves and respects me. How many people have that? Honestly, not many. I am very fortunate.

- the laughter and fun. I'm fortunate that my day's begin and end with smiles and/or laughter. Without fail, we're talking about something that makes us laugh, smile and count our blessings. We don't retire to bed angry or harboring ill will. It makes for many nights of good, sound sleep.

- my spouse's gentle soul, which allows Buddah, Little Girl and Chit Chat (come home!) to enjoy a relaxed, loving and nuturing atmosphere, replete with good medical care and plenty of pets, hugs and kisses. We're both animal lovers and are passionate about respecting all beings.

- a supportive, encouraging and patient spouse who puts up with my zany interests and bursts of energy. I can be incredibly scattered and hyper and yet, B. always manages to keep pace with me. Never complaining or whining - which I appreciate so very, very much! As an example, look at how much time blogging and photography take? Not too mention the expense...okay, let's move on!

- B. enjoying cooking. I eat some awesome homemade meals and never tire of B's experimentation and new recipes. We also enjoy eating out a lot and trying different cuisine, a real plus for the palate!

- that we share the same tastes, interests and don't mind sharing. We know things can't be perfect and we strive to make them better or recognize our good fortune and appreciate it and each other.

No comments: