Saturday, September 09, 2006

Luigi's

Looking forward to a great meal, we dined at Luigi's in Anaheim and there is nothing more disappointing than a favorite haunt suddenly deciding to count every penny and going cheap!

My meal used to come with a salad and spaghetti. Yesterday I was asked salad OR spaghetti, that should've been my clue. Boo chose salad which turned out to be nothing but iceberg lettuce and dressing. Gone were the tomatoes, olives and shredded cheese.

My dish arrived and normally there are two even layers of split chicken breast. I eat the bottom one and save the top for lunch the next day. The bottom layer was half the size of the top.

Mid-way we finished the freshly baked bread, our server never inquired if we'd like more. In the past, the minute the bread basket was empty they'd offer. We had to ask the server for more root beer and he hesitated just enough to make the idea of returning leave a bad taste in my mouth.

The service at Luigi's has always been mediocre, but the quality and quantity to price ratio of food has always compensated for the shortcomings. Not this time. They've raised their prices again, are now serving less and the service has become worse. I will not be returning after 15 years of patronage.

No comments: