Saturday, August 05, 2006

Summer Jubilee

Has come and gone and what a sad, quiet Saturday evening it is. No music. No crowds. No parking challenges as out of towners come in and fill all the spaces within a four block radius of the festival.

I miss it.

I know I'll like the new two story library with its coffee bar. I know I'll like having our summer jubilee back for the full summer. But right at this moment, I'm not liking the change in schedule the new library has caused.

We didn't have the Mardi Gras theme with beads and fireworks as the finale. We had a sixties vibe and one band that knocked everyone out was Pleasant Valley Sunday, you got it, a Monkees tribute band.



They played many favorites like For Pete's Sake, Valleri, Bluebird and of course, they closed with their namesake song. They had the crowd dancing, swaying and reminiscing to the beat and the pitter patter of the go-go dancers!

1 comment:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I heard about that tribute band on one of my livejournal communities.

Tribute bands scare me...and that guy trying to be Davy looks scary.

~shudders~

especially since I saw the real thing last week.