Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Where are the good sales?

It’s been a slow start this year as far as music and gadget purchases. The sales haven’t been great and there’s nothing new striking my fancy. I waited for the President’s Day holiday anticipating Circuit City’s “buy any CD $13.99 or more for $10.99” and they didn’t have it.

I was so disappointed with the Sunday ads. I wanted to buy GNR’s Live two disc CD but don’t want to pay $15.99. Instead I’m left waiting and wondering who will have the great sale when? Damn, the record industry seems to have a vise on everything.

Have you noticed how you can’t buy a spindle of 50 CDRs for $5.99 after mail-in rebate anymore? I used to buy CDRs like crazy when they offered that pricing and have had enough to last me because of it, but I sure wish I could replenish my dwindling supply.

The sale of ring tones has been a huge boon to the RIAA’s coffers. Ring tones should be included on a CD as an inducement to buy. Why should I have to pay even $.99 for the ring tone of my favorite/popular song? Maybe if they offered tie-ins like this people would start buying CDs again instead of $.99 downloads.

1 comment:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

You can get a whole album for 99 cents at allofmp3.com

Step away from the Itunes....

I'd rather pay them in advanced and more music than give Apple any of my money.

Any more I've found that places like Best Buy and Circuit City don't have anything to offer musically and even worse, Borders isn't as well stocked as it used to be. :(