Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Take Me Back Tuesday
Let's just call this week's meme "Days Of Future Past" and Justin Hayward can come flog me for royalties on that phrase later.

1. What decade to you shaped your musical taste and why? Listening to The Beatles, The Supremes, The Temps, Four Tops, The Stones, The Beach Boys and Kinks when I was five years old, pretty much shaped my interests. My mom and sisters always had music playing and I have many memories of happy, foot stomping moments.

2. What song best defines the decade that you chose. Stop in the Name of Love by The Supremes. A lot of the music from the sixties is identified by the Motown Sound and songs about love.

3. What is your favorite song from that decade. (If it's the same as your answer for number two..tell us why) It's impossible to have one song be a favorite and representative of a decade.

The Beatles In My Life
The Supremes Love is Like an Itchin' my Heart
The Temps My Girl
The Four Tops The Letter
The Kinks Lola
The Beach Boys God Only Knows
The Rolling Stones Sympathy for the Devil



Elvis Costello at the Wiltern.

No comments: