Thursday, March 03, 2005

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Today's my mom's 79th birthday and the first thing she said is "I never thought I would live this long." Considering that grandma died when my mom was only nine, I can see why this birthday is such a milestone. I am just so very thankful that God has blessed my mother with good health - physically, emotionally and mentally and is tending to her spiritual needs as well. When I ponder the thought of living until my eighties, that's what the statisticians predict will be our life expectancy, I'm not so sure that I want to live that long. If B. is with me, I wouldn't mine. However, if I'm widowed, why would I want to stick around? The majority of my loved ones would already be gone and I'd just be in the way. So it's interesting the way our life expectancy continues extending.

No comments: